9/28/13

REVIEW : Nature Republic's Provence Ultra Longlash & Curling Mascara



Today's review will be Nature Republic's Provence Ultra Longlash & Curling Mascara. This product is the other product other than my NP's cushion that I purchased solely for an EXO poster. I've talked about that in the other post, click here to read!

Anyway, I did purchase this on impulse but I've actually tried my friend's first and I liked them! Much much much better than my current mascara, Etude House's that is not satisfying. Then come the chance and I picked them up. Honestly I kept them for a while because I want to finish my Etude House's first, but eventually I gave up and used them. Just then.......I realized I picked the wrong type!!!

I wanted the volume one :( Instead I got the curling one.... I felt so stupid.



Nevertheless, I definitely still like the formulation. I've bought this mascara for a while now, and i forgot the price - I looked online into NP's online store but strangely this mascara is not available there! The closest that I got is a set price (mascara + eye remover) which is KRW 12.900. I estimated the mascara only would be around KRW 8.000 (+discount, NP is always on sale).

On the packaging it stated

"This mascara contains gold powder and makes your eyelashes look refined and full. Its "long&balloon" system makes your lashes look longer and fuller, while its white gold liquid and Calendula officinalis flower extract make your eyelashes look healthy.

GOLD POWDER? Ok I'm confused.
Anyway Calendula officinalis is 'Pot Marigold' flower and often used in cosmetic. I can't figure out about the gold powder tho.




In my opinion the packaging is so-so, but it doesn't look cheap either. After a few lookout, the flower shape on the cap looks pretty cute too. The size is quite slim too for a mascara - I like it!

Let's talk about the applicator, shall we? I pretty much like the shape of the wand because the curve actually made it easier to apply mascara on my inner lashes. I don't like the idea of flicking my mascara wand vertically to reach the inner corner because it tends to clump and disturbing my vision. With this wand, it is less clumpy - considering you scraped the excess in the bottle first.

LEFT two layers of mascara RIGHT nothing

In the conclusion, the mascara is actually pretty good! Even though I was quite shocked when I know I purchased the wrong one, turned out I like this one too! The mascara is actually thick enough with 1 layer - as a fan of spidery lashes I just can't stop at 1 layer! The most important thing is that this mascara didn't smudge on me. And it hold my curls quite well too! 

The most surprising thing is  : it didn't smudge - but it's also easy to remove. Well it means that this isn't as water proof but for daily look I don't want to burden my eyes with waterproof mascara. This product could be easily removed with warm water, just slightly pinch your lashes and drag the product away and it will effortlessly removed! 

I noticed that sometimes Nature Republic is overlooked and I know is quite harder to get comparing to other brands that have similar price range like Etude House, Faceshop, Holika Holika etc. But I personally thinks that the 'hit' chances in Nature Republic's products are much higher than other brands I stated above. But #imjustsaying. For similar price range, I think it would be great to try out and venture other Korean brand products once in a while! :)

Have a great day! x


Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart
xx

12 comments:

  1. can you suggest me a good volume mascara ? *.* thank you <3 kisses
    http://mysecretkawaidream.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this one! Or this mascara - but the volume type to be exact :D Or (though it's not a Korean brand) Maybelline falsies lol x

      Delete
  2. can you suggest me a good volume mascara ? *.* thank you <3 kisses
    http://mysecretkawaidream.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good on you but i don't like thick mascaras though because the space between my eyebrows and my eyes isn't that much, if the lashes reaches my eyebrows (and thick mascaras make it look so obvious), it doesn't at all look good (idk what the heck i'm saying but hopefully you understand lol)

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do understands you!! XD
      for me bigger mascara = bigger eyes. I'll look very sleepy if I didn't wear my mascara :"

      Delete
  4. Quite an impressive difference. That said, I am so envious of your natural lashes. o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! :) I'm using EtudeHouse Dr. Lash Ampoule and I mush say they're pretty impressive!

      Delete
  5. aku pengen maskara yg bs bkin jd ky bulmatnya si park sora ;_;
    actually NP products are pretty good ya but it's strange that I don't really interested in them ._.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Park Sora definitely had lash extensions!! Haha I knoww maybe because the brand is not as known as EH maybe? ._. But I liked a lot of product from NP!

      Delete
    2. ohhh! :O That explains why her lashes are so long -_-
      ahhahaa yes and the packaging doesn't attract me too :p
      bs dihitung jari produk NP ku ada brp, ga nyampe 5 kyny hihi XD

      Delete
    3. like almost 50% of my friends got eyelash extension! It's so common here in korea ce.. hahaha NP ku malah banyak nih apalagi gara2 dapet poster exo... krikkrik

      Delete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey