9/9/13

REVIEW : Nature Republic Botanical Cushion Gradation Tint

Following the trend of cushion-type-of-everything, Nature Republic also come with its cushion item which is 'Botanical Cushion Gradation Tint'. This product is different from other cushion tint that I saw from other brand's. Check them out! (Do you know NP chose EXO ((and Taeyeon)) for their brand ambassador???????????? I got the EXO poster already from NP and super excited for more EXO merchandises!)


A part from Nature Republic's Botanical line, it was introduced in summer this year and I've been intrigued to get one since then. I've swatch the product, like, a thousand time. I reapply my lips with these (even when I was wearing a totally different color) on the store but in the end I never got it. Why? Because I was waiting for the further reduction! Nature Republic is a store that always on sale, no matter when, what, and where. But eventually this product only got 10% disc max.

This Cushion Gradation Tint retail for KRW 12.000, and it was always discounted on the store by 10% so it's KRW 10.800. Comes with 10 different shades, ranging from orangey coral to bright pink color.

Fyi, do you know Pony's Beauty Diary on Youtube? This product is also a recommendation from her, that's the last push that made me purchase this.





For the color I go for the neutrals I picked #02 Dallae Beige 달래베이지 which translate in to 'Wild Chive Beige'. As you can see the color range seems to be parted in half, half orangey - half pinkish. Most of all the shades give off a very neutral color, even the last one 'Orchid Plum' doesn't come as vivid as the picture as I remember.


Similar with other Cushion Tint products, they have a 'cushion' on the other side to blend in your lip color to make a gradation lips look. What makes them unique is the other side of the product is actually a lip lacquer, not a lip tint in a stick like most of other cushion type I know.

The description in packaging said "Soft Mousse type highly-pigmented lip lacquer. Use the sponge tip to create a perfectly natural gradation on the lips or use as lip tint, lip gloss, or lip rouge" - in which I'm agree with. The pigmentation is just amazing and the product did felt like a mousse when applied. The texture is very similar with Style Nanda's 3CE Lip Lacquers that I like too. But I must disagree with the 'lip gloss' part, seriously? It has a matte finish! Come on guys.

This product has a matte (that's right) finish and have a velvety feeling to it. And because it's a lip lacquer, it still has some moisturizing element in it, thus doesn't accentuate the lines on my lips. It had quite a strong scent, not a bad one actually, a very fresh flower scents. I think most of the 'Botanical' line products have the similar scent, but I can't even mind because I love the scent! Sure it was quite strong, you can still smell it even after application. And because it is a matte product, the staying power is good, however it does said 'tint' on the name, but it doesn't stain your lips as much as lip tints / stains.


Among other cushion type lip products, I hate this product's cushion the most. The reasons : its white and its not as sturdy as other product's. I think the color white would make the cushion tip very very dirty looking, and if I want to drag the colors outward from my lips, I would love for the cushion tip to be sturdy to make the process much easier (it felt like a makeup sponge). But again, I'm not someone that into gradient lips look, so I don't use the cushion side anyway.


Overall I found that this is a great dupe for 3CE's Lip Lacquers! It's cheaper and the design is quite sleek. Some people might found the scent annoying, but I'm completely ok with it. I really hope that they will product more colors and please please please make a darker color schemes for the fall!! I found that a lot of the shades are really similar one another, so yeah. Definitely check this out if you're into matte lipstick, but hate the dryness matte lipstick gives.

Do you want to try them? :)
Thankyou for reading!



Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart

14 comments:

  1. That amazing moment when you discover a dupe thats cheaper
    I like the finish a lot bc it's matte which i so much prefer and the color looks good on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Though the color selections are very limited :( I hope they make more soon!

      Delete
  2. That amazing moment when you discover a dupe thats cheaper
    I like the finish a lot bc it's matte which i so much prefer and the color looks good on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah.. it's really pigmented from the swatch.

    beautifyiu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a very pretty colour! too many lip lacquers these days till forgot completely to check out NP's collection but thanks you reviewed it so I know now :D
    And yes i'm so excited with the new ambassadors for some brand, especially NP and Shara Shara \(^0^*)/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Shara Shara!! If they start to give away L's poster then I'll buy their products! lol

      Delete
    2. aaaa let me know if you got the poster, i'll be so envy of you thennn >.< ;_;

      Delete
    3. you mean NP's Exo poster?? I got it already :D :D hihihi

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for your information on Pony beauty diary on You tube. I LOVE her. I bought her make-up book hihihi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too! :D I love her recommendations haha :D

      Delete
  6. I also have nature republic lippies. I agree that NR lippies smell so goood and they're pigmented haha! But what I have is the provence and shine blossom long lasting lippies but it don't stay long. I wished I bought this instead. :(

    ziainprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I also have some other NP's lipstick, their pigmentation is amazing but the staying power is just the worse!!! But this one is ok! hehe be sure to check these out when you could, they're good! :D

      Delete
  7. oke mana sama innisfree creamy tint lip mousse?

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey